Dentrix automatically tracks benefits used and deductibles met for patients when you post an insurance payment. However, you may have patients who come to your practice mid-year. These patients might have met part or all of their deductibles for the year or used part or all of their maximum benefits. In this situation, you’ll want to enter this information into Dentrix so it can be tracked for you.
- Select a patient in the Family File.
- Double-click the Insurance Block to open the Insurance Information dialog box.
- Click the Benefits/Coverage button to open the Dental Benefits and Coverage window.
- Click the Deductibles/Maximums tab from the left margin.
- Edit the information as needed, and click Save
- Click Close to return to the Insurance Information dialog box.
You can also enter deductibles met and benefits used information from the Ledger. With a patient selected in the Ledger, double-click a pending/sent claim in the transaction log. When the Primary (or Secondary) Dental Insurance Claim window opens, double-click the Subscriber Information block. Enter the deductibles the patient has met in the appropriate fields of the Patient/Insurance Information dialog box that opens. Enter the benefits the patient has used in the Benefits Applied field.
Click OK to save your changes, and click File > Exit to close the claim.
For additional information, see the Editing Deductibles & Maximums topic in Dentrix Help.