Did you know you can create alerts that are assigned to individual patients, selected family members or all family members? That way you don’t have to spend time recreating the same alert for each member of the family.
To create patient/family alerts:
- Select the patient you want to add the alert to from the Family File.
- Click the Patient Alert button. (A white flag means there are NO alerts attached to the patient, while a yellow flag means there ARE alert(s) attached.)
- In the Select Date group box, enter a Start and End date for the alert, or check Always.
- In the Options group box, check the box for Also apply Patient Alert to:
- Select one of the following:
- All Family Members – The option will attach the Patient Alert to all members of the selected patient’s family.
- Selected Family Members – This option allows you to choose which family members (in addition to the one selected) this alert will be attached to. Click the search arrow to open the Select Family Members dialog box from which you can select additional family members, and click OK.
- Add a description of the alert and use the Alert Notes button to select from a list of Alert Notes set up in Definitions.
- Select which area(s) within Dentrix in which the Patient Alert should display.
- Click OK.
There is no limit to the number of alerts you can assign to a patient, giving you the flexibility to create as many alerts as you need.
For more information about patient alerts, see Effectively Using Patient Alerts.