When you add new patients to Dentrix, you need to designate someone in the family as the “responsible party.” Dentrix refers to that person as the Head-of-Household (or Guarantor). As you are designating head-of-household, keep the following in mind:
- The first patient added to a family is automatically designated as the head-of-household.
- Dentrix addresses all account correspondence (billing statements, letters, etc.) to the head-of-household.
- Dentrix attaches any financial transactions (payments, finance charges, etc.) not attached to a specific patient, to the head-of-household.
- The head-of-household can be a non-patient.
- The insurance subscriber for a family does not have to be the head-of-household.