The Dentrix Patient Report (by filters) report allows you to create custom reports. For example, you can use it to find patients in your database using over 30 different filters. In addition, it grants you the ability to pick and choose the specific patient information that you want in the report.
You can also use this report to find a variety of information that’s not in other Dentrix reports, including:
- Patients who came in for a new patient exam but have not returned for a follow up or recall visit.
- Patients who were referred to your practice this month who had restorative work completed.
- Patients with a specific medical alert.
- Patients (both active and inactive) attached to a continuing care type you want to delete.
To generate the Patient Report (by filters) report:
- From the Office Manager, click Letters & Custom Lists > Misc. select Patient Report (by filters) from the list of options, and then click Edit.
- In the Letters or Custom List Setup dialog box, select the criteria you want to use to filter patients.
*Note: Filters that allow you to check different options (such as Gender or Position) can be left unchecked if you want to include all the filter options in your search. For example, you can leave Male and Female unchecked and Dentrix will include both male and female patients. But if you just wanted male patients, you would need to check Male and leave Female unchecked.
- Click OK.
- With Patient Report (by filters) still selected in the Misc. Letters dialog box, click Open List Manager.
- The List Manager will appear showing a list of patients who match your filter criteria.
For more information, read The Dentrix Custom Reports and List Manager article in Dentrix Magazine.