Did you know you can use the Patient Report (By Filters) to generate custom lists? With dozens of filtering criteria, you can use this report to generate lists of patients who fit the criteria you set.
For example, if you wanted to create a list of patients who came in for a new patient exam (procedure code D0150) in the last 6 months, but have not returned for a follow-up visit, you can do so using this report.
- From the Office Manager, click Letters & Custom Lists, and click Misc.
- Select Patient Report (By Filters) and then click Edit.
- From the Letter or Custom List Setup dialog box, select the search criteria for filtering your list. First set a range of procedures to include.
- In the list of filters, click the search button next to Procedures.
- In the Search for group box, check Completed.
- In the Select Procedure Codes group, enter D0150 in both the Beginning and Ending fields.
- In the Select Procedure Date group, enter a Beginning date of 6 months ago and an Ending date of today, and click OK.
- Then, in the list of filters, click the search button next to Last Visit Date.
- Enter a Beginning date of 6 months ago and an Ending date of today, and click OK.
- When you’ve finished setting your filters, click OK.
- Click the Open List Manager button to open the List Manager and see a list of patients that match your criteria.
The possibilities for creating custom lists and reports based on information in your Dentrix database are endless when you understand how to customize and use the filters within the Patient Report (By Filters).
For more information, read The Dentrix G6 List Manager article in Dentrix Magazine.