Dentrix makes it easier for you to keep track of your follow-ups on insurance claims. In the Primary Dental Insurance Claim window, you can indicate the claim status and date, and you can also type a note to go along with the status so you have all the information you need. Claim status notes are a great place to store information about claims.
To enter a claim status note:
- From the Ledger, locate the claim you want to add a note to. Double-click the claim.
- Double-click the Status block.
- Check the status you want to set:
- Claim Sent – When the claim is sent, the status is automatically flagged as Sent, and the Sent Date defaults to the current date. When the claim is received, the status is automatically flagged as Received, and the date defaults to the date of the payment or estimate. You can change the date if necessary.
- Tracer Sent – Select this option if you attempted to track the claim and enter the appropriate date.
- On Hold – Select this option if the claim is on hold and enter the appropriate date.
- Re-sent – Select this option if the claim was resubmitted and enter the appropriate date.
- To clarify or give additional information about the status of a claim, enter a note in the Claim Status Note text box. Click Insert Dateline to add a date to the text.
- Click OK to save the changes to the claim status.
For more information, read the Change the Status of Claims topic in Dentrix Help.