eDex is an electronic contact manager and directory first available in Dentrix G6. You can use eDex to manage and quickly search lists of patients (active, inactive, or archived), employers, insurance carriers, labs, non-patients, providers, staff, referrals, and any other contact you may want to remember.
You can add contacts to eDex and organize them by category. And then you can create custom categories to organize your contacts to best fit the needs of your office.
By default, eDex automatically includes all patients, employers, insurance carriers, providers/staff, and Referred To providers that have been entered into Dentrix. You can add to eDex the labs and pharmacies you work with, and the IT specialists, suppliers, and janitorial services your office uses, making it a comprehensive list of patients and businesses you want to have contact information for.
To add a new contact:
- From the File menu of any Dentrix module, click Switch To > eDex (or click the eDex toolbar button).
- From the eDex toolbar, click the New Contact button (indicated in the above image).
- Click the Category drop-down list and select a category for the contact.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Contact Information group box fields.
- Click Save to save the contact.
For more information about how to use eDex, read the Dentrix Magazine article titled, Managing Your Contacts in Dentrix or read eDex Overview in Dentrix Help.