Dunning messages are automatic payment reminders that print on a billing statement based on an account’s aged balance. Dentrix includes the following types of dunning messages:
- Standard Dunning Messages – Prints for non-insured accounts.
- Insurance Dunning Messages – Prints for accounts with insurance.
Note: An account is considered insured if the head of household has insurance.
- Last Payment Dunning Messages – Prints for accounts that have not made a payment in an indicated period of time.
Note: The Last Payment Dunning Message overrides the Standard and Insurance Dunning Messages.
- Payment Agreement Dunning Messages – Prints for payment agreement accounts that have missed an indicated number of payments.
Note: The Payment Agreement Dunning Message overrides the Standard, Insurance, and Last Payment Dunning Messages.
While the text of dunning messages is customizable, Dentrix has default text for Standard and Insurance Dunning Messages for some age ranges.
If the default dunning messages do not meet your needs, you can add to or edit them. However, there is a 70-character length limit for all dunning messages.
To add to or edit dunning messages:
- In the Office Manager, select Maintenance > Practice Setup > Dunning Messages.
- Do one of the following:
- Under Standard Dunning Messages, Insurance Dunning Messages, or Last Payment Dunning Messages, select the aging bracket for which you want to add, edit or delete a dunning message. The current dunning message for each aging bracket appears in the text box at the bottom of the window.
- Under Payment Agreement Dunning Messages, for the Missed Monthly Pmts, Missed Semi-monthly Pmts, Missed Bi-weekly Pmts, or Missed Weekly Pmts group boxes, select the number of missed payments for which you want to add, edit, or delete a dunning message. The current dunning message for the selected option appears in the text box at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Type, edit, or delete the dunning message for the selected option.
Note: You can create a message of up to 70 characters and you can click the spell check button to check its spelling.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any dunning message you want to use.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Once you have added, edited, or deleted dunning messages, they will appear on the next batch of account billing statements you print or send electronically as applicable and based on the hierarchy explained above.
See the Dunning Messages topic in Dentrix Help for a list of the default wording for Standard Dunning Messages and Insurance Dunning Messages in the 30-60, 60-90, and Over 90 aging categories.