Did you know you can set up specific procedure codes so that by default they are not billed to insurance? That way, when you post those codes, they won’t be included on insurance claims.
You’re probably thinking, “Why would I want to do that?” There is a very practical reason to do this. This can be used for procedure codes you have set up as items that you sell in your practice, such as electric toothbrushes or bleaching supplies, that still need to be posted in the Ledger.
To prevent a procedure code from being billed to insurance:
- From the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, click Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- To edit a procedure code, in the ADA-CDT tab, highlight a category in the Procedure Code Category list. All procedures associated with that category appear in the right pane.
- Click the individual procedure code you want to edit, and click Edit.
- Check the Do Not Bill to Dental Insurance box to exclude the procedure from insurance claims.
- Click Save.
- Click Close to return to the Procedure Code Setup dialog box.
Note: Selecting the Do Not Bill to Dental Insurance option also prevents the procedure code from appearing on the Procedures Not Attached to Insurance report.
For additional information on how to add or edit procedure codes, see the topics listed under Procedure Code Setup in Dentrix Help.