At times you may need to see a list of all patients assigned to an insurance plan in Dentrix. This information can be found by running the Insurance Carrier List. This list has different options depending on whether you want to see a list of all subscribers (guarantors) or a list of all insured patients. You can also choose to include provider IDs associated with the plan.
To generate the Insurance Carrier List:
- From the Reports menu in the Office Manager, click Reference > Insurance Carrier List.
- Enter a Report Date to be printed on the report. The default is today’s date.
- Under Select Report Type, select Dental to print a list of dental insurance carriers or select Medical to print a list of medical insurance carriers.
- Under Select Insurance Carrier, select the range of insurance carriers that you want to include.
- Under Select List Types, select the list type(s) you want to print:
- Standard List – This option generates a list of each insurance carrier in Dentrix.
- Include Subscribers (of each carrier) – This option generates a list of each insurance carrier in Dentrix and a list of subscribers (guarantors) for each carrier.
- Include All Insured Patients – This option generates a list of each carrier in Dentrix, and a list of individual insured patients for each carrier.
- Include Provider IDs – This option generates the name, ID code, and ID number of each provider attached to the insurance carrier.
- Mailing Labels – This option generates mailing labels for the insurance carriers. If you select this option, use the corresponding Columns box to set the number of labels across a printed label sheet.
- Click OK to send the report to the Batch Processor.
Note: Do not select both the Standard List and Include Subscribers, or Dentrix will print two lists—one showing carriers and the other showing carriers with subscribers.
Once printed, it’s important to know how to interpret the information on the list. Here’s a quick guide:
Insurance information (highlighted in yellow) is pulled from the Dental Insurance Plan Information and Insurance Coverage dialog boxes used to set up the insurance plan in Dentrix.
Insurance information (highlighted in yellow) is followed by the name, birth date, chart number, subscriber number, employer, and family status of each subscriber (highlighted in blue). The report also includes the portion of the subscriber’s deductible that has currently been met and the total benefits that have been used year-to-date.
Include All Insurance Patients
Insurance information (highlighted in yellow) is followed by the name, birth date, chart number, employer, and family status of each patient associated with the insurance carrier (highlighted in orange). The report also includes the portion of the patient’s deductible that has currently been met and the total benefits that have been used year-to-date. An asterisk next to the name indicates a guarantor. The letter “P” indicates primary insurance and the letter “S” indicates secondary insurance.
Include Provider ID
Insurance information (highlighted in yellow) is followed by the name, ID code, and ID number for each provider with an identification code entered for an insurance carrier (highlighted in pink). This information is pulled from the Provider ID Setup dialog box.
For additional information, read Maintaining Insurance Plans in Dentrix in Dentrix Magazine.