One question frequently asked of the Dentrix Support Team is, “Is there a report we can run that tells us which insurance preauthorizations haven’t been received yet?”
The answer is YES!
It’s called the Preauthorization Aging Report (in versions prior to Dentrix G6, this report was called the Pre-Treatment Estimate Aging Report), and you can generate it from the Office Manager.
To generate this report:
- Open the Office Manager and select Reports > Ledger > Preauthorization Aging Report.
- Enter a Report Date, if needed. The current date is the default.
- Under Select Report Type, select whether to include Dental or Medical insurance preauthorizations.
- Under Select Patient, select the range of patients you want to include.
- Under Select Insurance Carrier, select the range of insurance carriers you want to include.
- Under Select Provider, select the range of providers you want to include.
- To include only preauthorizations sent within a specific number of days, select one of the options under Minimum Days Past Due.
- Click OK to generate the report and send it to the Batch Processor.
The printed report contains the following information:
A. Insurance Carrier – Insurance carrier name and phone number.
B. Estimates – The preauthorization estimates submitted to the insurance carrier.
C. Aging Totals – The aged balances or preauthorizations included in the report.
For additional information, read the Preauthorization Aging Report topic in Dentrix Help.