The Patient Picture feature displays a full-color portrait that you can access from patient-specific Dentrix modules including the Appointment Book, Family File, Patient Chart, Treatment Planner, Document Center, Perio Chart, and Questionnaires.
This feature can be especially helpful to recognize and identify patients, especially if you have patients with the same or similar names. You can pull up the patient picture and double-check that the Dan Johnson sitting in the chair is the same Dan Johnson whose treatment plan is calling for an extraction today!
To open the Patient Picture window:
- Select a patient.
- Click the Patient Picture button.
- In the Family File, Appointment Book, and Treatment Manager, the Patient Picture button looks like this:
- In the Patient Chart, Perio Chart, Document Center, and Questionnaires modules, the Patient Picture button is a small thumbnail of the actual patient photo:
- If no patient picture exists for the patient, the Patient Picture button has muted colors:
- Click the Patient Picture button to view your patient’s photo.
Click the following links for additional information about adding patient pictures to your database using various methods, such as acquiring the image from a digital camera or other device, importing pictures from a file, or copying and pasting from the Windows clipboard.
More information can be found in the Personalize Care with Patient Pictures in Dentrix article in Dentrix Magazine.