“I know I entered a note in Dentrix that had something to do with John Doe’s account, but I can’t remember where I entered it.”
Let’s face it. There are many different places in Dentrix where you can enter patient notes. One of the little-known reports you can run in Dentrix is the Patient Notes Report. This report allows you to search all Dentrix note types according to a range of providers, patients, and dates that you specify.
Suppose you entered several notes for Mr. Doe on the day of his first appointment, on April 21st. You know that one of the notes has a phone number to call for a specific purpose, but you don’t remember which note it’s in. You can use the report to search all notes in Dentrix to find that one note with the phone number you need.
To generate the report:
- From the Reports menu in the Office Manager, click Lists > Patient Notes Report.
- Type the Report Date that you want to print on the report. The default is the current date.
- Set the report options.
- Under Note Types, select the note(s) you want to include in the report.
- Check the appropriate box(es) for any additional notes type(s) you want to include in the report.
- Click OK to send the report to the Batch Processor.
The many locations for note-taking in Dentrix are intended to help you be more efficient in recording the correct, relevant information in the correct area.
For more information on note locations, see Notes, Notes, and More Notes in Dentrix Magazine.
Read the Patient Notes Report topic in Dentrix Help.