Guarantor notes are used to document information specific to the finances of a family account. Guarantor notes are shared for an entire family, and can be viewed from the Ledger, or by double-clicking the Family Balance block in the Family File.
To add a guarantor note to an account:
- With a patient selected in the Ledger, click the Guarantor Notes button to open the Guarantor Notes dialog box.
Note: The color of this button changes depending on whether there are notes already entered on the account. The “G” on the button changes to blue when a note has been entered for the account.
- Click Insert Dateline to insert the current date for the note.
- In the Account Note field, enter the desired note.
- Click OK to save the note and return to the Ledger.
- If Dentrix passwords are enabled, you can restrict which users can create and edit guarantor notes.
- The Guarantor Notes dialog box also has a place for billing statement notes. A note entered in the Billing Statement Note field only prints on that family’s statement, and only until the date you specify.
To learn more about billing statement notes see the Adding Billing Statement Notes topic in the Dentrix Help, or the Custom Billing Statement Notes post from this blog.