The Family Ledger Report is an account history of all procedures, payments, adjustments, and service charges posted to the Ledger.
As the year comes to a close, you may find that patients would like a year-to-date report of their account activity.
To print a Family Ledger Report for a selected family:
- With a patient selected in the Ledger, from the Print menu, click Family Ledger.
- In the First Transaction Date field, set the earliest date that you want to include transactions. For example, to include the entire year, set this date to January 1st.
Note: By default, all current transactions (transactions that have been posted since the previous month was closed out) will be included on the report. For example, if the last month you have closed was September, and the selected family has procedures entered beginning on October 3, then October 3 will be the date that appears in the First Transaction Date field.
- Check the List Individual Patient Balances for Family box to separate and list patient balances at the bottom of the report.
- Click Print to print the report now, or click Send to Batch to store the report in the Batch Processor in the Office Manager.
To print the Family Ledger Report for a range of accounts:
- From the Reports menu, select Ledger > Family Ledger.
- Enter the Report Date you want to print on the report. The default is the current date.
- Enter a range of guarantors, providers, and billing types to include in the report.
- In the First Transaction Date field, set the earliest date for which you want to include transactions.
- Check the Print Condensed Report box to print more than one family ledger on a single page. (Dentrix doesn’t insert a page break between families.)
- Check the List Individual Patient Balances for Family box to separate and list patient balances at the bottom of each family report.
- Click OK to send to the Batch Processor.
Information on the Report
- Family History – Displays all financial transactions posted to the Ledger for all family members.
- Family Totals – Displays year-to-date totals for the family.
- Individual Balances – If you select List Individual Patient Balances for Family when setting options for this report, the current balance of each family member appears on the report.Note: When viewing the report, Dentrix labels items placed in history with an asterisk (*) and labels items dated in history but entered after month end with a caret (^).