When you use the Automatic Fee Schedule Changes utility, you can change an entire fee schedule or range of procedures at once rather than changing one fee at a time. For example, if you want to increase your continuing care production, you could increase your office fees for diagnostic and preventive procedures by 3% across the board.
To update fees for a range of procedures:
- From the Office Manager, select Maintenance > Practice Setup > Fee Schedule Setup.
- Select the fee schedule you want to update, and click Auto Changes.
- In the Select Procedure Code group box, set the range of procedures you want to include.
- In the Change Fee Schedule group box, do the following:
- In the Change Amount field, enter the amount to change the fee schedule by.
- In the Change Type drop-down list, select whether you want to increase or decrease by either a percentage or dollar amount. Your choice here reflects the change amount by applying the number you entered in that field as a percentage or a dollar amount.
- In the Round To drop-down list, select the amount to round the fee schedule amount to.
- In the Minimum Amount To Increase field, type the minimum amount you want to change the fee schedule. For example, if you enter $.50 in this field all fees will be updated by at least $.50. Note: This option is only available when increasing or decreasing by a percentage in the Change Type field.
- Click OK. Review the summary of the fee schedule changes and then click Save.
For additional information, see the Editing Fee Schedules Automatically topic in Dentrix Help.