After every appointment, patients come to the front desk to check out and pay their balances. Many of these patients want you to print them a receipt, and you want to make sure you create a claim for that appointment so that you don’t forget when the next patient comes to check-out. Use the Fast Checkout button to complete all three of these tasks with a single click.
- From the Ledger, click File >Fast Checkout Options Setup.
- Select the tasks you want to perform when the Fast Checkout button is clicked in Dentrix.
- Create Insurance Claim – Check this box to create an insurance claim for today’s procedures. Then select whether to send the claim to the Batch Processor, send it electronically, or print it.
- Enter Payment – Check this box to post a payment on the patient’s Ledger.
- Walkout – Check this box to create a walkout statement or receipt. Then select to either send the statement to the Batch Processor or print it.
- Click OK to save your settings.
Once set up, when you click the Fast Checkout button when a patient is checking out of your office, you’ll be guided through the checkout process, saving you (and the patient who is anxious to leave your office) time.
- If the tasks you perform at checkout vary, check Always Show Checkout Options to allow you to select which checkout options are completed for individual patients.
- To print appointment reminder labels for patients when they check out, click Print Appointment Reminder Label.
- In order to use the Send Electronically option for claims, you must have an eClaims account set up.
For additional information on the checkout options, read the Setting up Fast Checkout Options topic in Dentrix Help.