Patients often come to your practice mid-year when they have met part or all of their deductible or used part or all of their maximum benefits. You can enter their deductibles met and benefits used manually in Dentrix to track insurance benefits correctly.
- Select the patient in the Family File and double-click the Insurance block.
- Click the Benefits/Coverage button.
- From the left margin select Deductibles/Maximums.
- In the Deductibles table, enter the deductible(s) the patient has met in the appropriate fields.
- In the Maximums table, enter the amount of the insurance benefit maximums that the patient has already used.
- Click Save.
- You can also enter deductibles met and benefits used for the previous year by clicking the Previous Year’s tab.
- You can also enter deductibles met and benefits used information from the subscriber information in an insurance claim.
- Read the Entering Benefits Used and Deductibles Met topic in Dentrix Help.