The Collections Manager assists in your collections efforts by enabling you to quickly access and then act upon account information. You set the criteria for the accounts you want to find and the Collections Manager displays a list of those accounts.
For example, you can use the Collections Manager to follow up with patients on a payment plan who are behind on their payments.
To generate a list of patients on the payment plan billing type who have missed more than 1 payment:
- From the Office Manager, click Analysis > Collections Manager.
- Select the payment plan billing types to include only patients attached to those billing types on the list.
- Select 1 or more to include patients who have missed at least one payment one the list.
- Enter 10.00 as the Min. Balance to include only patients who have at least $10.00 remaining on their account balance.
- Click OK to load the list.
- The Collections Manager is an interactive list that links to many other areas of Dentrix. From the Collections Manager you can make a phone call, create an email message, merge a collection letter, make notes about the contact in the Office Journal, add guarantor notes, set up a payment agreement, or change a billing type.
- Click the Show Columns button when creating a view to customize the information that appears in the list and in what order it appears.
- Read Simplifying Collections with the Collections Manager in Dentrix Magazine.