At times, a patient may need to pay off a procedure or balance over time. You can accommodate these patients by setting up a payment agreement with them in which they agree to pay off their balance through regular payments instead of in one lump sum.
You can track payment amounts and due dates, print payment coupons, and apply interest terms in Dentrix. With Dentrix G6.4 and higher, you can use the new Payment Agreement Manager to manage payment agreements and to post payments from a single location for multiple accounts.
To set up a payment agreement in Dentrix G6.4:
- From the Ledger, select the patient for whom you want to create a payment agreement, and click the Billing/Payment Agreement button.
- From the Billing Type drop-down list, select the billing type to be assigned to the account.
- Enter the agreement date and select the payment interval from the drop-down list.
- Enter the annual finance charge percentage, total amount of the agreement, first payment due date, and payment amount in the corresponding fields.
- Click the Agreement Templates button and select the terms to apply to the payment agreement from the list. Click OK.
- Click OK to save the agreement.
- Once you have created a payment agreement for a patient, they will appear in the Payment Agreement Manager, which you can use to enter payments.
- When you enter the total agreed amount, Dentrix calculates the total number of payments necessary and puts that number in the # of Payments field. Conversely, you can enter the number of payments and have Dentrix calculate the amount of each payment.
- By clicking the Print button, you can print a Truth in Lending Statement, an Amortization of Payments and Charges, and/or a coupon book for patients.
To learn more, see the Payment Agreements Benefit You and Your Patients and See All Your Patient Payment Agreements in One Place articles in Dentrix Magazine.