You create and complete patient appointments hundreds of times each day as part of your workflow. But what should you do with those completed appointments from the past that are no longer needed?
You should purge old appointments from Dentrix on a regular basis, keeping only the last 1-2 years of appointments. And as of Dentrix G6, you can also purge old events as well. When you purge old appointments and events, searching for patient appointments takes less time, because you will have cleared out old data you don’t need anymore.
To purge appointments and events:
- In the Appointment Book, from the File menu, click Purge Appointments/Events.
- Enter a date in the Cutoff Date field. Appointments and events before this date will be purged from Dentrix.
- Click OK. A warning message appears asking you to confirm that you want to purge appointments. Click OK to continue with the purge.
- Dentrix automatically creates an entry for each purged appointment in the patient’s Office Journal.
- Purging appointments and events does not purge unscheduled appointments. If you want to purge unscheduled appointments, open the Unscheduled List, select Appt > Purge Appointments, enter a cutoff date, and click OK.
- When you purge appointments/events manually from the Appointment Book, other users do not have to close out of Dentrix.
- You can purge appointments by setting up the Task Scheduler to include this part of your monthly routine.