It would be nice to have every piece of information available when you need to find a payment in Dentrix, but that isn’t always the case. For instance, a patient tells you they made a payment, but it is not posted on their account. You need to find out where that payment was posted so you can correct the error, but you only have the payment date and the payment amount to work from.
Luckily, the Search Payments utility lets you perform a search with whatever information you have available without having to manually look through individual patient accounts or running reports.
- From the Ledger, click File > Search Payments.
- Enter the search criteria you have available to find the payment(s). Click Search. Payments matching the criteria will be listed.
- Double-click any payment in the list to open the Ledger for that patient so you can view the payment in more detail.
- You can combine several search criteria (check number + date, or payment type + amount, for example) for a more precise search with fewer results.
- In the search results, click any column header to sort the results by that column. Or click and drag the column header to rearrange the columns.
- To learn more, view the Search Payments video or read Searching Payments in the Dentrix Help.