Your dental clinic has several office workers, and sometimes the same documents are unknowingly scanned more than once and stored in the Document Center. If you have duplicate files or have attached a document to the wrong person in the Document Center, it is okay to delete that document to reduce redundancy and save storage space.
- Open the Document Center and select a patient.
- From the patient’s document tree, select the document that you want to delete, and click Edit > Delete Selected Document(s).
- Click OK to delete the document, or if a document is attached to more than one source, a message appears giving you the option to delete the current document only, or to delete the document for all attachments. Select the appropriate option, and click OK.
- You cannot delete a document that has been signed.
- You can also delete documents by first selecting them and the using the Delete Selected Document(s) button on the Document Center toolbar.
- To learn more, read Deleting Documents in the Dentrix Help.
- For more information on the Dentrix Document Center, read Printing to the Dentrix Document Center and Managing Unfiled Documents in the Document Center in Dentrix Magazine.