If you have a provider in your office who prefers to perform crown appointments in the morning and see new patients from 3-5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you can set up time blocks that match their preferences.
- From the Appointment Book menu, select Setup > Provider Setup.
- Select a provider and click Setup.
- In the Set Time Blocks group box, click Add.
- Give the time block a name, such as NP Appt or Crowns, and select a color that will be used to designate it on the schedule.
- Select the day(s) and times for the time block, and select an operatory and appointment type for the block.
- Click OK.
Once the time blocks are assigned, turn on the Perfect Day Scheduling function to see those blocks in the Appointment Book. The Perfect Day Scheduling button is the last button on the Appointment Book toolbar, and toggles on or off with each click.
When you schedule appointments within a time block, Dentrix checks to see if the appointment matches the type of appointment the block is intended for. A notification appears if the provider or appointment type doesn’t match the settings of the time block. You can override the message and schedule the appointment anyway, if needed, but the notification serves as a reminder to keep that time available for certain types of appointments.
For more information, read the Scheduling the Perfect Day article in Dentrix Magazine.