If you’ve upgraded to Dentrix G7, you’ve probably seen the new Health History module. One of the great new features that wasn’t available in previous versions of Dentrix is the ability to separate medical alerts and allergies. In previous versions, they were all in the same list, and some offices would label the allergies with a hyphen to keep them alphabetically together in the list (for example: Allergy-Penicillin).
With the Health History module, you don’t have to do that! There are separate categories for medical conditions and allergies. And best of all, there are no limitations on how many medical conditions or allergies you can store in your database!
When you upgrade to Dentrix G7 all your previous medical alert entries are imported when you upgrade, but they are still in one list. You can quickly move the allergies you had saved into their own category with just a few quick mouse clicks.
- From the Health History module, click the Setup button (it looks like a gear in the top right corner).
- Click the Medical Conditions tab and highlight any allergies on the list. Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard to select multiple allergies at once.
- Click the Move to Allergies button.
- This process also works in reverse. From the Allergies tab, you can highlight medical conditions and click the Move to Conditions button if an item was moved to allergies by mistake.
- For additional information, watch the Health History New Feature Preview video.
- Read the You Asked For It! Patient Health History in Dentrix article in Dentrix Magazine.