There are a lot of things to remember to do when you create appointment, or when you check patients in at the front desk. And when the phone is ringing and there are patients standing at the front counter, it’s easy to forget things.
Dentrix gives you a checklist at the bottom of the Appointment Information dialog box that you can use to make sure you have completed common tasks such as verifying insurance, collecting a co-pay, updating health history, or scheduling the next appointment. You can customize this checklist to include the tasks you want taken care of for each appointment.
For example, if you have a new cancellation policy that you want to explain to patients, you can add a checklist item that can be tracked as you create and confirm patient appointments.
- From the Office Manager, click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Definitions.
- In the Definitions Type drop-down, select Appointment Check List.
- In the Definitions Text field, enter a checklist item you want to add to the list, and click Add.
- You can have up to 12 appointment checklist items in Definitions. If you already have 12 items, you will need to either delete the items you aren’t using or change them to new items you want to use.
- The Definition Text field is limited to 20 characters.
- Appointment checklist definitions are global settings, meaning they will apply to all computers in the office.
For additional information, read Preparing for the New Patient Phone Call in Dentrix Magazine.