Have you heard? The American Dental Association released a new insurance claim form! Dentrix G7.3 is able to begin printing that form, but you will need to make a simple change to enable it.
In Office Manager, open Maintenance > Practice Setup > Definitions. From the Definition Type menu, choose Claim Format.
In Definitions, you will usually see codes such as DX2018 or DX2012 – or possibly older. The reference table below will let you know what the common codes are.
- DX2019 – form J432 (ADA’s 2019 claim format, available with Dentrix G7.3)
- DX2018 – form J432 (ADA’s 2018 claim format, available with Dentrix G7.1 with updates installed)
- DX2012 – form J430 (ADA’s 2012 claim format, available with Dentrix G4.8 with updates installed)
- DX2007 – form J400 (ADA’s 2006 claim format, available with Dentrix 11 and G2 with updates installed)
- DX2003 – form J515 (ADA’s 2002 claim format, available with Dentrix 10)
- DX2000 – form J591 (ADA’s 1999 claim format, available with Dentrix 7.5)
- DWNLOAD – form J504 (ADA’s 1995 claim format, if you still use this one, you go way back!)
To update a claim form:
- Select a line showing an old claim form code. This will copy the text of the line into the two editable Definition Text boxes.
- Alter the text and enter the new claim format code DX2019, and then click the Change button. You will be warned that the change will affect all insurance carriers that previously used the old definition.
- Click OK to proceed with the change.
Note: You can only select and change codes one-at-a-time. And if there are extra characters at the end of the code, go ahead and update the code but keep those characters. For example, DX2012F would become DX2019F, DX2018X would become DX2019X, etc.
In the example image, you see that it is also possible to list the ADA’s J### form name. If you do this, the claims will print without including the graphic. That means that you’ll need to have blank claims in the paper tray of the printer so that the information will print, lined up in the right position on the page to match the lines and boxes.
Once the claim format codes are updated, all future claims you generate will print on the newest claim form!
For more information, read the Customizing Claim Formats topic in Dentrix Help.