In an ideal world, patients would pay the full amount at time of service every time. But that’s not always possible, so you will inevitably end up sending billing statements. If you have to bill a patient, make it as easy for them to pay as possible so that you don’t have to spend time and effort on collections.
You know your patients, and you understand how to best communicate with them. With QuickBill Email, you get a chance to put that expertise to use to send patients their statements the way that best suits them so that they’re more likely to pay promptly.
To select the delivery method for statements:
- Generate your billing statements as desired and click the Electronic Submission button.
- In the Verify Statements to Send window, look at the delivery method for each guarantor’s statement.
- Select the option(s) that best suit each guarantor.
- Select Mail to send the statement to the QuickBill clearinghouse to be printed and mailed.
- Select Email to send a link to view the statement online via an email message.
- Select both options to send the statement to the patient two ways, through the mail and an email message.
- Clear both options to skip that guarantor and not send a statement of any kind in this batch.
You can select Mail or Email in the column header to select or clear that option for everyone in the list.