Is your Dentrix database password protected? For your office to use Dentrix Pay, Dentrix must be password protected, and specific Dentrix Pay user rights must be set up for the accounts that will use Dentrix Pay. For example, the Dentrix user you assign to enable and manage Dentrix Pay must be granted the administrative right to do so.
This means that even if your providers and staff have other — or even complete — Dentrix administrative rights, you must additionally extend the “Dentrix Pay, Settings” right to whomever enables and manages Dentrix Pay.
However, these administrative rights do not need to be set up for those who simply use Dentrix Pay to post, void, and refund payments, add credit cards, and so forth.
To set up Dentrix Pay administrative rights:
- In the Office Manager, click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Passwords > User Passwords Setup.
- Select the user that you want to manage Dentrix Pay, then expand the Practice Setup category.
- Check the Dentrix Pay Settings checkbox.
- Click Save to apply the setting to the user (you may need to enter the administrator’s password and click OK).
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 if there are additional users to whom you want to grant the Dentrix Pay administrative right.
- Click Close to return to the Office Manager.
For your information, the Dentrix Pay administrator is not someone who simply uses Dentrix Pay for transactions. The Dentrix Pay administrator also has the following responsibilities:
- Works with WorldPay (your practice’s merchant company) to obtain a merchant account and credentials to enable Dentrix Pay
- Sets account and device settings:
- By managing PINpad and eSignature devices
- By setting receipt footers, printers, and default receipts
- Sets Ledger posting options:
- By selecting appropriate credit card payment types
- By choosing a credit card payment type to process credit cards for payment agreements
- Before you can grant the Dentrix Pay administrative right to a user, a password administrator must be established for your office and password protection must be enabled in Dentrix for all providers and staff. For more information, read Enabling Passwords and Setting Up a Password Administrator in Dentrix Help.
- You can grant Dentrix Pay administrative rights to other providers and staff; however, you might want to limit this right to specific qualified individuals.
- If Dentrix is password protected, when you attempt to enable or manage Dentrix Pay, you may receive the following message: “The current user [you] does not have the right to this operation. Temporarily override with a different user?” You can either override with a different user who does have the administrative right or follow the steps outlined above to assign the Dentrix Pay administrative right to a specific team member.
Be sure to view our Dentrix Pay Quick Start, which includes helpful videos, tutorials, and documentation.