Did you know you can save time and reduce posting errors by using the Batch Payment Entry utility in the Ledger?
When you use the Batch Payment Entry utility, you can enter multiple patient payments at a time without having to open each patient’s individual Ledger. Using this utility you can save time when posting payments you receive in the mail each day. The utility also helps cut down on posting errors because it lists all the payments entered, allowing you to double-check those payments were posted correctly.
To enter batch payments:
- In the Ledger, click File > Enter Batch Payments.
- Click the Patient button and select a patient for whom you will post a payment, and click OK.
- In the Enter Payment dialog box, enter the details of the payment as you normally would, and click OK.
The payment details appear in the Batch Payment Entry screen.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for all other patient payments.
- When finished entering payments, cross check the Batch Totals and number of Entries in the Batch Payment Entry dialog box with your original documents.
- If there is a discrepancy, double-click the incorrect entry, edit the payment in the Enter Payment dialog box, and click OK.
- Click Close to return to the Ledger.
The next time you have a stack of payments you need to enter, try using the Batch Payment Entry utility, to see how it can streamline your process.
For more information, read the Entering Batch Patient Payments topic in the Dentrix Help.