You’ve probably used the Fast Checkout button many times, but did you know that you can customize the tasks that are performed when you click it?
The Fast Checkout button, used as a patient checks out of your office, completes three important tasks at once: it posts a payment, generates an insurance claim, and prints a receipt. You can customize these options to fit the needs of your office.
To set up your checkout options:
- From the File menu in the Ledger, click Fast Checkout Options Setup.
- Check the boxes next to the tasks you want to perform when the Fast Checkout button is clicked in Dentrix.
- To print appointment reminder labels for patients when they check out, click Print Appointment Reminder Label. The label will print to the label printer that you have set up in the Office Manager (File > Printer Setup.)
- To select checkout options for each patient (because the tasks you perform at checkout vary), click Always Show Checkout Options.
- Click OK to save your settings.
By setting these options, you’ll be guided through the checkout process, saving you (and the patient who is anxious to leave) time.
For additional information on the checkout options, see the Setting up Fast Checkout Options topic in the Dentrix Help.