Dentrix makes it easier to apply tax or discounts to individual patients or family accounts. You can select the tax or discount you want to apply and Dentrix will automatically calculate the adjustment amount for you and post it to the Ledger. No more manual calculations!
To apply a tax/discount to a patient or family account:
- With a patient selected in the Ledger, click Transaction > Tax/Discount.
- The Date field reflects the date the tax or discount will be posted to the Ledger. The date defaults to today’s date.
- From the Tax/Discount Type list, select the type of tax or discount you want to post.
- Under Calculate for select one of the following:
- Procedures Dated – Choose this option to apply the tax/discount to the procedure(s) that were posted on a specific date. Then enter the date in the field to the right.
- Selected Procedures – Choose this option to apply the tax/discount to selected procedures in the patient’s Ledger. In order to use this option, you must first select the procedure(s) in the Ledger and the begin the process of clicking Transaction > Enter Tax/Discount.
- Select the Provider that should be attached to this tax/discount, or if there are multiple providers, select Split by Provider.
- If the tax/discount is to be applied to someone other than the current patient, select one of the following options:
- Split by Family Members – Choose this option to split the tax/discount among more than one family member.
- Family Account – Choose this option to apply the tax/discount to the family account.
- Enter any additional information about the tax or discount in the Notes field.
- Click OK to create the adjustment in the Ledger.
Dentrix comes with a few tax/discount types already defined. You can edit these or create your own.
For more information, see the Creating Tax and Discount Types topic in Dentrix Help.