When patients have oral surgery or other difficult procedures completed in your office, you often print care instructions to send home with them. You can attach these care instructions to specific procedure codes. Then, when that procedure code is completed for the patient, the care instructions will be automatically printed with the walkout statement you generate.
In order for this to work, you first must create a Microsoft Word document that contains the care instructions you want to give to your your patients and save it in your Dentrix letter template folder. If you don’t know the location of your Dentrix letter template folder, you can find it in the Office Manager by clicking Maintenance > Practice Setup > Preferences and clicking the Paths tab.
To attach care instructions to specific procedure codes:
- Open the Office Manager and click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- Select the appropriate procedure code and click Edit.
- Click the Edit Note button.
- In the Edit Procedure Code Notes dialog box, do the following:
- Enter the text of the care instructions in the Recommendation Note field.
- To include the care instructions on the walkout statement, check Print Note on Walkout.
- To attach the recommendation document to the procedure, click the Recommendation Documents search button and select the document you want to attach to the procedure.
- Click OK to close the Recommendation Documents window and click OK again to close the Procedure Code Editor dialog box.
- Click Close twice to return to the Office Manager.
For additional information, read Editing Procedure Code Notes and Setting up Walkout Statements in Dentrix Help.