When you create treatment plan cases for patients, at times you may give the patients treatment alternatives (for example they could have either a root canal and crown, or a bridge). Once you have created alternative treatment cases, you’ll want to set one of the cases as the recommended case. The recommended case should be the case that the clinician feels offers the patient the best care. By default, the first case created is set as the recommended case.
To set a case as recommended:
- In the Treatment Planner, select the treatment plan case you want to set as recommended.
- Click the Link button and select Link Alternate Cases.
- Select the case(s) that you want linked to the recommended case by checking the corresponding box(es), and click OK.
You can easily see the recommended case in the Treatment Plan Case Setup window. Linked cases are identified by a link symbol in a colored box. The recommended case includes a yellow star to help you identify it.
There are a couple of things you should be aware of when it comes to the recommended treatment plan case, and how it is displayed in Dentrix:
- In the Treatment Plan view of the Ledger, only treatment-planned procedures within the recommended case will be displayed.
- When creating an appointment, in the patient’s Appointment Information dialog box, the procedures listed under the Tx button in the Reason group box, will only correspond with those procedures in the recommended case.
For additional information about working with treatment plan cases, search for the following topics in Dentrix Help: