The Treatment Planner provides several options that make treatment case presentations easier and more effective. These options give your patients additional information about their treatment plans and may help patients decide to accept the treatment cases. In a previous post we talked about viewing primary and secondary insurance notes from the Treatment Planner. In this post we’ll tackle viewing patient insurance benefits.
As you discuss financial considerations of a treatment plan with your patients. However, you may want to switch to the Family File to do so. You can view the patient’s coverage summary information right from the Treatment Planner.
To view a patient’s insurance benefits:
- In the Treatment Planner, select a patient.
- Click the Insurance Benefits button on the Treatment Planner toolbar to open the Dental Insurance Benefits dialog box.
The following information is shown in the Dental Insurance Benefits dialog box:
- In the Primary Insurance Plan field, you can see the patient’s insurance plan. If the patient has secondary coverage, the Secondary Insurance Plan field will list the patient’s secondary insurance plan.
- In the Patient group, benefit information for the current patient is shown. The Family group shows benefit information for the entire family when View Family Benefits is checked.
- The Benefits Expire date shows when the plan benefits reset for the year.
- The Annual Plan Benefits shows the individual and family plan maximums for the year.
- The Paid Benefits YTD shows how much of the annual maximum has already been paid.
- The Pending Insurance Estimate YTD shows the amount still outstanding to insurance that we expect will be paid this year.
- By subtracting the Paid Benefits and Pending Estimates amount from the Annual Benefits, Dentrix calculates the Est. Benefits Remaining YTD.
- The Deductible Owed/Total shows the deductible amount(s) and then indicates whether the deductible has already been applied.
Having insurance benefit information easily accessible, and knowing how to interpret the information, you can make more compelling case presentations to your patients.
For more information, read the Viewing Insurance Information and Estimates topic in Dentrix Help or the Dentrix Magazine article titled, Give Patients the Info They Need To Say Yes.