When you perform a patient perio exam, you can use keyboard shortcuts to help you enter the measurement information into Dentrix. Below are a few shortcuts and tips to help you:
- To enter a two-digit pocket depth measurement, use the slash symbol (/) to represent the tens place. For example, if the patient has a measurement of 10mm, you would use the / and the 0 keys to indicate 10mm.
- To indicate bleeding or suppuration points, press B for bleeding or S for suppuration on your keyboard.
- To enter a furcation level of a tooth, press F on your keyboard and select the desired furcation level from the menu that appears. You can use the down arrow on your keyboard or the corresponding number (1-4) to select the appropriate menu item and not have to switch to your mouse. Note: Only the furcation levels relevant to the selected tooth site are available in the furcation menu. If furcation levels do not apply to a specific tooth site, the furcation menu does not appear when you press F on your keyboard.
- To enter the mobility classification of a tooth, press M on your keyboard and select the desired classification from the menu that appears.
- To enter the plaque classification of a tooth, press P on your keyboard and select the desired classification from the menu that appears.
- To enter bone loss classification for a tooth, press L on your keyboard and select the desired classification from the menu that appears.
Note: When you enter plaque, mobility, or bone loss classifications, they appear as number values in the PMB fields of the Perio module’s Data Chart. The P value (left) is the plaque classification, the M value (center) is the mobility classification, and the B value (right) is the bone loss classification.
For additional information, see the topics listed under Conducting Perio Exams in Dentrix Help.