In a previous post, we talked about setting up the Dentrix Time Clock, by entering the required information needed for each employee. Once that information has been set up and saved for each employee, they can begin using Dentrix to clock in and out for their shifts.
To clock in/out:
- Right-click the Dentrix Quick Launch icon and select Time Clock > Employee Clock In/Out.
- Select the appropriate employee and click OK.
- The Current tab displays the today’s date, the employee’s User ID, the Last Punch time, and the Current Time. If the last punch was to clock out, the button is labeled Clock In. If the last punch was to clock in, the button is labeled Clock Out.
- Click Clock In or Clock Out and record any notes in the Note field if necessary.
- Click Close and the employee’s clock-in/out time is recorded in Dentrix.
Note: If your office has passwords enabled, each employee needs the right to access the Time Clock with user verification.
For additional information on other time clock features, see the Viewing Clock In/Out Histories, Printing Time Clock Reports, and Setting Up Employee Clock In/Out topics in the Dentrix Help.