It happens to every dentist. A patient comes in with an dental issue you’d rather refer to someone else—such as a specialist, an oral surgeon, or an orthodontist.
So the question becomes, “What do I need to do in Dentrix if I’m referring out the procedures to another provider?”
There are a couple of things you must do. First, enter the treatment-planned procedures in the Patient Chart as usual. And second, refer the procedures to another provider.
Next, print a referral slip for your patient to give to the referred doctor. The referral slip will contain the patient’s information, the referring provider, referral information, a list of the referred procedure(s), and any additional notes you want to enter.
To print a referral slip:
- From the Patient Chart, select the patient to be referred.
- From the File menu, select Print and then click Referral Slip.
- In the Date Range fields, enter the range of dates for the referred procedures you want to print on the referral slip.
Note: Dentrix only prints the referred procedures that were treatment-planned within the date range you enter here, and which are flagged as referred.
- Enter any notes you want to print on the referral slip (up to 500 characters) in the Additional Notes field.
- Do one of the following:
- To print the referral slip, click Print.
- To send the referral slip to the Batch Processor, click Batch.