When you’re doing an exam, the easiest way to see a patient’s treatment history is by looking at the graphic chart. Every time you treatment plan or post procedures in the Patient Chart, the graphic chart displays those procedures visually according to a paint type. You can customize these paint types to display procedures in a way that shows you what you want to see and makes sense to your staff.
For example, if you want crown procedures that you manufacture in-house on your new CAD/CAM machine to paint with a different paint type than a crown from the lab, you can customize the paint type for a D2740 crown and change the way it appears in the Patient Chart.
To customize the way procedure codes appear in the Patient Chart:
- In the Office Manager, select Maintenance > Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- Expand the appropriate category in the procedure code list, select the procedure code you want to add to the procedure code list, and click Edit.
- Select a Paint Type from the drop-down list to indicate how Dentrix will paint the procedure on the tooth in the graphic chart.
- Click Save to save your changes and then click Close.
- Changing the paint type of a procedure code is a global setting, which means it will change the way that procedure code looks on all computers in the office.
- If you want the code to remove the tooth from the Chart when it is posted complete, check the Remove Tooth option in the Procedure Code Editor dialog box.
- For more information on customizing paint types, see the Customizing Paint Types topic in Dentrix Help.