Assigning a patient to a continuing care type is the best and easiest way to keep them on schedule for regular preventive treatment. Most often a patient will be assigned the “prophy” type. But a patient’s needs change with dental conditions and diagnoses. Some of your patients may develop periodontal disease, for example. If this happens, you’ll want to attach patients to the “perio” continuing care type instead. But how can you make sure the same patient isn’t attached to both the prophy and perio continuing care types in Dentrix? Follow these simple steps to clear a continuing care type from a patient:
- From the Family File, select a patient.
- Double-click the Continuing Care block.
- Select the continuing care type that you want to clear and click the Clear button.
- Click Yes to the confirmation message that appears to clear the continuing care type from the patient.
- Click Close to return to the Family File.
- To learn more about assigning, editing, and clearing continuing care types, see the topics listed under Continuing Care Overview in Dentrix Help.