When you see a patient, it’s nice to be able to quickly review continuing care appointments for the other members of their family. This information is visible on a patient route slip, but is limited to showing the date of when they last were seen for a prophy, and when they are due again.
By generating a Patient Visit Form instead of a route slip, you can customize up to three specific continuing care types (not just prophys) you want to see information on for all family members.
For example, if you are seeing a parent for an appointment today, you can refer to their Patient Visit Form and see when their children were last seen for continuing care, when they are due, and whether they have an appointment scheduled. Then as you schedule the parent for their follow-up, you can schedule the needed continuing care appointments for the rest of the family at the same time.
- Select an appointment in the Appointment Book.
- Click File > Patient Visit Form.
- Check the Include Family Information box, and use the drop-down lists to select which continuing care type(s) are shown on the form.
- Select other form options as needed and then click an option to Preview, Send to Batch, or Print the form.
- To generate the form for multiple patients at a time, from the Office Manager click Reports > Lists > Patient Visit Form. Select the information to print on the form and choose a print option.
- If you want to always include (or exclude) certain information on the form, make your selections and then check Save As Default before closing the dialog box.
- Read the Customizable Patient Visit Forms article in Dentrix Magazine.