With some procedures, there are a few reminders or care instructions you want to give patients. Rather than having to write these reminders on an appointment card or create a separate document for those instructions, you can attach them to the procedure so they are automatically printed with the patients’ walkout.
For example, you may typically tell patients who have had fluoride varnish applied to avoid sticky foods, hot drinks like coffee, and carbonated drinks for at least four hours. Printing those instructions on the walkout will serve as an additional reminder if the patient forgets what you said or has questions about the instructions after they leave the office.
- In the Office Manager, click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- Select the procedure code you want to add care instructions for, and click Edit.
- In the Procedure Code Editor dialog box, click Edit Note.
- In the Recommendation Note section, enter the text to appear on the note, and check the Print Note on Walkout box.
- Click OK to save the note, and then click Save and Close.
Whenever you post this procedure complete, the note you added will be printed with the walkout statement that includes that procedure.
If you need to give more detailed instructions, such as specific care instructions following oral surgery or other difficult procedures, follow these steps to learn how to upload a document that can be printed with a walkout statement.
For more information, see Editing Procedure Code Notes in Dentrix Help.