When you present treatment to a patient, one of the inevitable questions is going to be about the cost of the procedure(s). Patients want to know what your office fee for the procedure is, the estimated insurance coverage, estimated portion they are expected to pay, etc.
When you print a treatment case, you have the option to compare your standard fee for procedures to a selected fee schedule. By comparing these fees, you give the patient the information they want to make their decision about the treatment.
For example, if you have a patient without insurance, you could compare your office fee with a fee schedule you’ve set up to give a discount for patients who pay at time of service.
To compare two fees on a printed treatment case:
- With a patient selected in the Treatment Planner, select the treatment plan case you want to print, and click Print > Print Treatment Case.
- Set the Print, Insurance, and Patient Privacy options to include on the report.
- In the Case Procedure Options group box, select the Compare to Fee Schedule checkbox and use the search arrow to select which fee schedule to compare.
- Check Print Preview to preview the report before printing, and click OK.
When you preview the report, you can see the following information:
- Standard fee for the procedure
- Selected fee schedule fee for the procedure
For additional information, read the following: