When a patient has an extensive treatment plan, you can organize the individual procedures within a case into visits. By ordering the procedures within the treatment plan, you can make it easier for the patient to understand the treatment and make it easier to schedule procedures in the order they need to be completed.
For example, let’s say you have a patient whose treatment plan includes a root canal and crown on tooth 17 and two fillings on anterior teeth. You can assign these procedures to different office visits based on when the procedures need to be completed. Tooth 17 needs immediate attention, so you want the first visit to include the procedures for the root canal and the crown build-up, the second visit to include the procedure for the crown placement, and the third visit to include the fillings.
- In the Treatment Planner, expand the treatment plan case that contains the procedures to be assigned into visits.
- Select the procedure(s) to be included in the first visit and click the Create Visit button.
- Repeat step 2 for procedures to be assigned to the next visit. As visits are created, the number of the visit increases chronologically.
- After you have ordered procedures by visit, you can make edits to the different visits as needed. Right-click the procedure(s) you want to change, and select an appropriate Move to Visit __ option from the list.
- To remove a visit from a procedure, right-click the procedure and click Delete Visit.
- Read the Assign Treatment Plan Procedures to Visits article in Dentrix Magazine.