When you close the month in Dentrix, certain tasks and reports are generated that finalize the previous month and set you on the right foot for a new month.
There are four basic tasks are recommended to be completed whenever you close the month. In Dentrix G7.5, you can complete all four of these tasks at once from the new Month End menu option in the Ledger.
- Close Transactions – completing this task prevents further editing of procedures, payments, and adjustments by moving them to a “History” status. It also updates the aged balance of the account (30-, 60-, and 90-days).
- Move Clinical Notes to History – completing this task locks down unsigned clinical notes so that they can no longer be edited.
- Move Perio Exams to History – completing this task locks down periodontal exam information so it can no longer be edited.
- Reset Insurance Benefits – completing this task restarts benefits used and deductibles met for insurance plans that should begin again with the new renewal month.
You can assign these tasks (and more) to run automatically using the Dentrix Reports and Task Scheduler.
- Click here to read Month End Options in One Click! Using the New Close Month Window to learn more about closing the month and how Dentrix G7.5 simplifies and consolidates the basic month-end options for you.
- Watch a video overview of the Month End feature in Dentrix G7.5, watch the on-demand webinar recording, or read the Running Month End topic in the Dentrix Help.
- For a more detailed discussion about the “why” of closing the month or to get information about how to close the month in versions prior to G7.5, read the Why Month End is So Important article in Dentrix Magazine.